Dental Team Vuković Aesthetic dentistry Our services
Implantology and implant prosthetics
What is implantology?
Implantology is the branch of dental medicine that deals with the insertion of implants in the bone of the upper or lower jaw for the purpose of replacing the root of a natural tooth.
Implants have been in use for the last 50 years, are made of the precious material titanium and are completely biocompatible. Their stimulus prevents bone resorption The surgical part of the implant can be placed immediately after tooth extraction or with a time gap after extraction. Each patient is a special case that should be approached individually. The evolution of implant prosthetics made it possible to replace lost teeth in their natural colour, shape and function without the need to grind healthy adjacent teeth.
When is implant therapy needed:
1. when a person is missing one natural tooth
2. when a person is missing several natural teeth
3. to preserve healthy teeth
4. in case of unsatisfactory retention and stabilization of complete dentures
What prosthetic replacements can we make with implants?
The following prosthetic replacements can be made with implants:
- individual screw- or cement-retained crowns
- bridges completely on implants or a combination where the teeth and implants support the bridge
- overdentures for completely toothless jaws (2 implants are enough for the lower jaw, and 4 implants for the upper jaw)
All-on-4 and All-on-6 systems
Placement of 4 longer implants – two are placed straight and two are angled. The advantage of this system is the immediate loading and delivery of temporary teeth within 24 hours.
Sometimes it is necessary to place 6 implants for the system to function well. Here, the implants are also loaded immediately and the temporary teeth are delivered within 24 hours.
The success of implant therapy depends on maintaining adequate oral hygiene and regular check-ups.
Complete safety is ensured by dentist Marko Krmpotić, DDM, specialist in oral surgery and renowned Nobel Biocare implantology system.